BEST DIET TIPS FOR MEN
ABOUT BEST DIET TIPS FOR MEN
Men have different daily nutritional requirements to women and, below, our nutritionist has offered guidance and recipe ideas for men seeking a balanced diet for good health. But what exactly is a ‘balanced diet’?
The Eatwell Guide defines the different types of foods we should be eating and in what proportions. The guide explains some simple rules to follow like getting a minimum five-a-day of fruit and veg, including wholegrains and choosing more fish, poultry, beans and pulses, less red meat and lower fat, lower sugar dairy foods. But that’s not the whole story. How much should you be eating and is there an ideal time to eat protein, carbs or fats? There are some best diet tips for men given below .
Reference Intakes (RI)
Nutritional needs vary depending on sex, size, age and activity levels so use this chart as a general guide only. The chart shows the Reference Intakes (RI) or daily amounts recommended for an average, moderately active adult to achieve a healthy, balanced diet for maintaining rather than losing or gaining weight. The RIs for fat, saturates, sugars and salt are all maximum amounts, while those for carbs and protein are figures you should aim to meet each day. There is no RI for fibre although health experts suggest we have 30g a day.
20 BEST DIET TIPS FOR MEN
2. Create a mantra “Nothing after 9.” It means no meals or unhealthy food after 9 p.m. Plan your last meal or snack at a time when your body will utilize it before you go to sleep. – KP.
3.Anywhere you go, park on the complete other side of the parking lot. It’s a quick power walk. And if you’re carrying something back, then all the better! Unless it’s a box of doughnut’s… – Jesse James.
4. Have a cheat day. Usually Friday is the best, because it’s been a long week and everyone needs a break. Don’t over-indulge, just eat something you usually wouldn’t eat during the week.
5. Work out on the weekends. Most of us can find many good reasons not to work out on the weekends, so if you can find time for it, you’re getting closer to your goal. – Craig, Lafayette, Louisiana
6. If you don’t feel like turning on the stove or doing dishes, try miccrowave meals. Morning Star egg substitute, frozen stir-fry veggies, fat-free cheese, and hot sauce takes about 10 minutes. – Lydia, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea .
7. Think of your stomach as a fire, and if you continually add a little bit of fuel to it, it’ll keep burning stronger than if you throw a large amount on a smoldering flame. Likewise, after exercising, the fire will be roaring and burn up what is thrown on it faster. – Joshua.this is the best diet tips for men.
8. Work out after work on Friday before you go out on the town. You’ll think twice about eating and drinking everything in sight Friday evening. this is the best diet tips for men . – Chad
9. Put the salad dressing on the side. Dip your fork in the dressing, then spear some salad. Because the dressing is on the bottom of the fork (tongue side), you won’t miss out on any of the taste. – Patrick, Grant Park IL.
10. Always take the stairs. I work on the 11th floor of my building and there are 368 steps to the post office in the basement (I’ve counted). If I do it a couple times a day, that’s a step forward toward weight loss and this best diet tips for men . – Brent .
11. Flavor food with spices instead of high calorie sauces, and cook from the Men’s Health recipes on the “Daily Dose” section. – Justin
12. Tell everyone you know about your weight loss goal. It’ll motivate you to work toward your prized weight. – Steve, Milwaukee,
13. Get a partner. As you motivate your partner to reach his/her prime weight, your partner will motivate you as well. – Steve, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
14. Start a weight loss spreadsheet and post it where others can see it — either in your office
/cubicle or on a wall in your home. – Steve, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
15. Post a picture of what you used to look like on your bathroom mirror, so that you see it first thing in the morning. Or buy an article of clothing that you wish to fit in once you meet your goal. Try it on every day to see how you’re making progress.
16. Use meal replacement shakes at breakfast and lunch. Keep a single serving shake in your briefcase for those days you have to work late. It will help you avoid vending machine junk until you can get a good meal. – Fred, Granville, OH
17. Don’t just drink a glass of water before going to a party, drink a glass before every meal. – Mark
18. Keep a box of cereal bars or granola bars at your desk, and eat those for a snack instead of diving into the candy bowl that one of your officemates continually replenishes. – Mark .
19. If you don’t keep any junk in the house, you won’t crave it as much. Out of sight, out of mind. Always read the nutrition info on anything before you buy it. If you have a craving for fast food, go to the restaurant’s website and look up the fat and calorie content before you buy it.
20. Carry a jump rope in your pocket. During a long work shift, squeeze in 5-10 minutes of jumping rope and 50 pushups. It lets you burn calories even during long workdays. – Fausto, Osan AB, South Korea . These are best diet tips for men.
If you follow these golden rules you will surly get a perfect body and perfect fitness. This is the best diet tips for men .